If you would like either of us to review a book, please send us an email by filling out the form to the right. Please include the title, author and a short synopsis. We are able to review books that are in mobi format or are physical books.




Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Endless Possibilities Read-a-thon ~June 4-6



The Heir by Kiera Cass is the first book I've finished for the read a thon. Having read what I thought was The Selection radiology, I was ecstatic when I heard a book was coming out centering on their daughter. O.M.G. I dove into it and stayed up all night reading it. I was totally invested in Eadlyn's story and the boys that were in her Selection. I absolutely loved it but was so disappointed with the ending!!  How could it end like that!?! I can't wait a tear to find out who she picks!! You know I'll be pre-ordering the sequel. I give this book 4.5/5 stars but only because I hate cliffhangers.~Laurie



There is a reason fairy tales end when they do ... because happily ever after is just the beginning of real life.

Once upon a time in the quaint, forgotten coastal town of Joyce, Washington Emmy Burns existed in the middle of an inconsequential life that resembled a small-town fairy tale; days filled with caring for her daughter Avery, running her small but thriving pottery store, married to the only man she had ever loved.  But all of that changed when the fog rolled out one beautiful morning, leaving emptiness where Emmy had stood only the day before. She had seemingly and without a sound vanished into the thick misty air of the Pacific Northwest, taking with her a lifetime of secrets.

In the aftermath Stephen Burns is content telling the police his wife must have simply chosen to walk away from him and their daughter. But Sidney Ruth, Emmy's closest friend, knows the truth. Sidney is the one person who had watched as the vines grew around the dark forest that was the Burn's marriage trapping Emmy inside and keeping everyone who loved her out.

Years of abuse has led to this moment. As the days unfurl so do the secrets Emmy kept walled away, leaving the people of Joyce wondering: What really happened to Emmy Burns in her happily ever after?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This book was  not what I expected. I admit, I picked it based on the cover.lol  But it turned out to be pretty good.  Avery learns that her best friend, Emmy, has disappeared.  Even though they had a falling out 2 years ago, she drops everything to go help find her. This book had me trying to figure out what happened to Emmy and it was a great mystery. I totally didn't see the ending coming.  I give this book 4/5 stars.
~Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment