If you would like either of us to review a book, please send us an email by filling out the form to the right. Please include the title, author and a short synopsis. We are able to review books that are in mobi format or are physical books.




Sunday, April 26, 2015

Count On Me (Count On Me series book 1) by Melyssa Winchester
I received this book from The Books Machine in return for my honest review
4 out of 5 stars

Count On Me is about a girl named Isabelle who is autistic and has a hard time talking to people. What doesn't help is that Kayden, a mamever of the football team and an old friend, bullies her with his friends. That was until they went too far and he stepped in.

When I started this book, it made me think of A Walkt to Remember. Girl gets picked on and bullied. Then a boy who bullies her, comes to her rescure. I loved that part! I didn't blame her for not trusting Kayden and I felt so sorry for her.

Then it got worse. It hurt me to read what she went through. NO one should be picked on for something they scan't help. The thing I don't understand is why didn't any of the teachers do anything about this? My mom is a teacher and she asked the same thing when I told her what Isabelle went throught on a daily bases at school. this book had so upset that I'm surprised I still have a working kindle. So glad I couldn't reach in and hit these kids.

Even though some parts were hard to read, I really liked the way Isabelle had the strength to persevere. I wouldn't be able to do what she did.

~Amber




No comments:

Post a Comment