If you would like either of us to review a book, please send us an email by filling out the form to the right. Please include the title, author and a short synopsis. We are able to review books that are in mobi format or are physical books.




Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie

I received this book from Netgalley in return for my honest review.


Based on the wildly popular YouTube channel, The Haunting of Sunshine Girl has been described as "Gilmore Girls meets Paranormal Activity for the new media age." YA fans new and old will learn the secrets behind Sunshine-the adorkable girl living in a haunted house-a story that is much bigger, and runs much deeper, than even the most devoted viewer can imagine...- Goodreads


I don't read as much YA books as I used to but the paranormal aspect of this book really drew my attention. When I requested this book I had never heard of the YouTube channel by the same name.  After reading this book, you can bet there will be some binge watching of it over the weekend.  This is one of those books that stays with you.  When you're reading it, you don't want to put it down.  When you're not reading it, all you can thinking about it when can you get back to reading it.  I can't remember the last time I read a book that I enjoyed so much.  I even caught myself having dreams about the characters, I got so into the story.  Hands down, one of the best books I've read it a long time.  I absolutely loved it. 5/5

~ Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment