If you would like either of us to review a book, please send us an email by filling out the form to the right. Please include the title, author and a short synopsis. We are able to review books that are in mobi format or are physical books.




Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Truth or Dare by Joe McKinney, Edited by Max Booth III and Lori Michelle

I received this book from Netgalley in return for my honest review.

Halloween night. The freaks are out and having the time of their lives. The kids of Greene Point High School have organized a massive bonfire out in the woods. One drunken teen suggests playing a game, a game called Truth or Dare. That’s always a fun game. Always good for a laugh. By the end of this night, nobody will be laughing. Alcohol, sex, deadly secrets, and oceans of blood await them. 

Do you dare to play? 

Truth or Dare is a shared-world horror anthology featuring the morbid writings of many prominent authors in the field today, as well as quite a few new kids on the block you’re gonna want to keep an eye on. ~ Amazon

Anyone who know me will tell you, I am a horror story aficionado.   Horror has always been one of my favorite genres.  As a long time reader of horror story anthologies, I know it's all but impossible to find one where every story is great. This book came pretty darn close.  While some of them are more morbid and gory than strict horror (A lot of the time I felt like they were just trying to out-weird each other) , many of them did an incredible job of making my arms and the back of my neck break out in goose bumps.  There wasn't a lot of sex, there was a good bit of blood and gore but for the most part, I would recommend it for older teenagers or Young Adults that are into horror. 3/5

~Laurie 

No comments:

Post a Comment