If you would like either of us to review a book, please send us an email by filling out the form to the right. Please include the title, author and a short synopsis. We are able to review books that are in mobi format or are physical books.




Saturday, April 18, 2015

Horns by Joe Hill


I know this book has been out a while. It's been sitting in my TBR pile for a long time, staring at me, making me feel guilty for neglecting it. So, after Amber gushed on and on about the movie, I picked it up and read it.

  I guess I really need to stop listening when people tell me about how good movies are because it really got ny hopes up. While it was a good book, I felt it dragged in some parts. Ig, the non-hero, had a wonderful girlfriend that everybody loved. Everything was going Ig's way when his girlfriend is found dead. Ig is of course, the main suspect. There are no leads and then one  morning he wakes up with horns growing out of his head. As if that's not bad enough, it seems that the horns make everyone want to tell Ig their deepest, darkest secrets.  Ig decides this is the perfect time to go search for the killer.

All of that is the really good part of the book. While it doesn't go downhill from there, it does go into some really weird territory. All in all, it was just ok. 3.5/5

 ~Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment